The 13 funniest military memes for the week of Jun. 10
It’s raining military memes up in here (13 of them, to be exact):
1. That soldier’s face, though:
(via Devil Dog Nation)
2. Hey, if the purple heart-wearing, Ranger infantry K9 wants to count her deployments in dog years, we recommend you count along (via Military Memes).
3. See, even the Joker enjoys mandatory fun day (via The Salty Soldier).
4. That is one disciplined corgi (via Sh-t my LPO says).
5. “You forgot your ID card? Hmmm, how can we turn one letter of reprimand into two?”
(via Air Force Nation)
6. She’s apparently grabbing her diploma on her way to the C-17 to deploy (via Pop Smoke).
7. “We swept the whole place out yesterday chief.”
(via Sh-t my LPO says)
8. Don’t head to the chow hall until you get that beard shaved off (via Military Memes).
9. “Wait. Do other colleges exist?”
(via Air Force Memes & Humor)
10. The only way the grass will spread and grow is if troops stop walking on it.”
(via The Salty Soldier)
11. Corpsman porn is exactly what you expect (via Team Non-Rec).
12. “Why yes, I am in the Coast Guard. Why do you ask?”
(via Coast Guard Memes)
13. Sometimes, it’s possible to “Airborne!” too hard (via Do You Even Airborne, Bro?).
A Vietnam veteran returned a library book after 52 years
A Marine deployed to a recon battalion in Vietnam wanted a perspective on the locals. So he checked a book out from the base library... for half a century.
This musician made a music video with the SEAL who killed bin Laden
Tim Montana is a musician with a “rip-roaring, swamp’rockin’ vibe” — and he’s just getting started. The coolest thing about him? He loves helping vets.
This is what the Army's 'Iron Men of Metz' and Attila the Hun have in common
The Iron Men of Metz did what only Attila the Hun could do some 1,500 years before: capture the heavily fortified city of Metz and force the enemy out.
5 terribly hilarious gifts to scuff up a basic trainee
Why not show that you truly care about your young recruit by also helping their trainers mess with them? Get in on the fun! Be creative.
The MARSOC driving course is not like your typical day at the DMV
These Marines continuously train to keep their skills sharp and take pride in being the best at all ends of the spectrum — including tactical driving.
7 more phrases old school veterans can't stop saying — and we love it
We love our old-school veterans that don't have a problem speaking their minds. They have some humorous sayings that we still use to this day.
This Army nurse's epic fight for a memorial for women Vietnam veterans
Some 11,000 women served in Vietnam, many as nurses and many under hostile fire. They had to fight to have their memorial built on the National Mall.
5 tips to prepare potential boots to join the military
No matter which branch you're thinking of joining, these mental and physical tips will help you be ready for when you're staring at a smoky bear hat.
6 reasons the Air Force wants to get its hands on Russian DNA
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone, shin bone connected to the knee bone, knee bone connected to a Russian, Air Force wants to get his genome.