11 things a military buddy would do that a civilian BFF probably won't
Here’s a short list of things military buddies would do for each other that civilian friends probably won’t:
1. Check out a rash
2. Skip the pleasantries and get right to calling ‘bulls-t’
3. Tee up a minor issue just to get a rise
4. Have a buddy’s back, no questions asked
5. Give a hand loading stuff that explodes
6. Cuddle under a woobie to stay warm
7. Not complain about a buddy’s weight
8. Go above and beyond, like this guy who volunteered to be a POW for his buddies
Rubin was credited with saving the lives of 40 prison mates by sneaking out of the camp every night and back in every morning, stealing food and medical supplies from his captors and local farms.
9. Jump on a grenade . . . a real one
… and do it again if required
Jack H. Lucas jumped on a grenade twice to save his buddies and lived. He was also the youngest man to be awarded the U.S. Medal of Honor.
10. Ignore the most agonizing pain
Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn C. Cashe pulled six other soldiers from a burning Bradley Fighting Vehicle while drenched in fuel and covered in flames.
11. Follow each other through the gates of hell.
Benavidez was a close friend of Leroy Wright and felt that he owed his life to him from an earlier incident in which Wright saved him. His attempt to repay the deed by rescuing Wright led to the insane heroics that almost cost him his life, even Ronald Reagan said it was hard to believe.
THE MIGHTY SURVEY GIVE-AWAY
We want to hear your thoughts. Complete our survey for a chance to win 1 of 5 gaming consoles