These Army Drill Sergeants make Vine videos for a behind-the-scenes look at basic training
1. This is what they’re thinking when recruits arrive.
2. They encourage you to move with a sense of purpose.
3. This guy better pick that up.
4. Recruits get to know the whistle.
5. And the push-up.
6. Discipline is important.
7. It’s funny because it’s true.
8. And you thought your job was stressful.
9. The most epic selfie video ever.
10. Fix your headgear.
11. In case you wondered how the barracks got tossed.
12. Drill Sergeants are funny.
13. This platoon didn’t learn the first time.
14. Being British in the U.S. Army…
15. When the rope is the most insurmountable obstacle.
16. He wasn’t the only one.
17. Spoiler alert, he didn’t make it either.
18. This is what a platoon in the gas chamber sounds like.
19. The same platoon coming out of the chamber.
20. In case there’s a civilian wondering what getting smoked in the barracks looks like…
21. That’s a long way down.
22. In his defense, it looks way different on the commercials.
27. That time you got two tanks stuck in the mud.
28. This is why you join the Army.
29. Nothing beats being qualified to drive a tank during Basic Training.
30. Also, qualifying to fire a tank.
31. The Drill Sergeants also Vine their pranks.
33. The only flowchart that ever mattered.
34. The Drill Sergeants also document graduation day.
35. It gives a good taste of what to expect in Army Basic Training.
36. That doesn’t mean the fun stops.
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.