13 funniest military memes for the week of Dec. 9
So … a certain writer and content curator took two weeks of hard-earned vacation and forgot to ask anyone to fall in on the military memes rundown.
Sorry about that. I’m back now, so here are 13 of the funniest military memes we saw this week (plus two secret bonus ones hidden at the end):
1. After all, if you stay in then you can have all the joy and happiness of first sergeant.
2. Don’t let them catch you with morale, they’ll steal it immediately.
3. “Hey, guys. Ready to have some fun?”
4. “Just gonna keep sleeping. Thanks.”
5. That Central Issue Facility logic:
6. My biggest concern is that it appears that wrench is way too large for that nut.
7. Look, it’s not that we don’t want to reward you for finding Taliban for us …
8. The greatest generation is still trying to get their disability ratings.
9. Honoring the flag waits for no paint job, not even haze gray.
10. They’re really cute and adorable poop factories:
11. Not sure why he doesn’t melt with all that salt.
12. Probably a soldier with an unfortunate name …
13. Grumpy cat if it was an airman with a shaving profile:
Secret squirrel bonus 1:
Secret squirrel bonus 2:
This is the latest version of the M9 service pistol
The M9A3 offers a bigger magazine, a user-friendly grip, and a host of improvements based on lessons learned from over three decades of service.
This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse
It does touch on many of the pop culture elements of zombie lore, but it breaks things down to become applicable to most situations that would similar to an actual outbreak.
Some dirtbags messed with an Iwo Jima memorial — and Marines caught 'em on film
Officials say an Iwo Jima memorial in Fall River was doused with the contents of a fire extinguisher last weekend. Police are investigating
Vets are going to get a new ID card, and they'll be ready for use next month
The new identification card will provide employers looking to hire veterans with an easier way to verify an employee's military service.
This is the story behind the rise and fall of the Islamic State group
The Islamic State group, responsible for some of the worst atrocities perpetrated against civilians in recent history, appears on the verge of collapse.
Now the Iraqi army is going after the Kurdish forces who helped beat ISIS
Iraqi federal and Kurdish forces exchanged fire on Oct. 20, capping a dramatic week that saw the Kurds hand over territory across Northern Iraq.
This Kurdish female militia refuses to stop its hunt for ISIS terrorists
A Kurdish female militia, after helping free the city of Raqqa, said it will continue the fight to liberate women from the extremists’ brutal rule.
The US just sent nearly 1M bombs and missiles to Guam — here's why
Hint: There's this guy a few thousand miles away who's threatening to lob a nuke in their direction.
This is what the 400 US troops in Somalia are actually up to
The US has quadrupled its military presence in Somalia after Al-Shabab killed nearly 300 civilians in two truck bombings. Half of them are special ops troops.