The 13 funniest military memes of the week
Another week down, another 13 memes to get you to Libo brief.
1. Salute what now?
(via Sh-t my LPO Says)
2. And people say Marines aren’t romantic (via Military Memes).
3. Nothing like a little stroll before flight ops . . . (via Sh-t my LPO Says).
4. When civilians stage military photos (via Coast Guard Memes).
5. When you realize enlisting is not like being a character in a video game (via Air Force Nation).
6. When Coast Guard wants to dance but the party is in international waters (via Coast Guard Memes).
7. Nothing like a corrosion control shop with a sense of humor (via Air Force Nation).
8. Why 0331s and 11Bs have to be supervised (via Pop Smoke).
9. The CO doesn’t get lost during field exercises …
(via Sh-t my LPO Says)
10. The Navy has been building an corps of elite sailors capable of the most challenging missions (via Sh-t my LPO Says).
11. Don’t worry Active duty, the reserves are ready to back you up (via Military Memes).
12. The guys with the missiles need to be properly supervised (via Air Force Nation).
13. Your new lieutenant is an expert (via Pop Smoke).
This is how missing or captured troops get promoted
According to the Department of Defense, prisoners of war and those under missing status continue to be considered for promotion along with their contemporaries.
6 reasons Charleston might be America's most gung-ho military city
From Charles Towne Landing to the Medal of Honor Museum, go grab a pint where George Washington drank and read about the military legacy of South Carolina's Atlantic jewel.
This is how long South Korea thinks it will take to conquer the North
South Korea says they are developing new plans to defend against advancing North Korean threats after a data breach left their outdated plans vulnerable.
This stunning video shows how well 100-year-old ammo works today
While original 1911 pistols surely still function today, turns out so does the ammo from that era.
This could be the Army's next rifle — and it's totally awesome
Textron debuted its newest rifle, the Intermediate Case-Telescoped Carbine, at AUSA. It's lighter and more deadly than the current M4.
16 jokes Germans could die for telling under the Nazi regime
The Nazi Party was well short of a majority when it came to power. So it's easy to believe that not everyone was a big fan of Hitler or his ideas.
These really smart people say bigger is better when it comes to building aircraft carriers
In an effort to reduce its fiscal footprint, the Navy is looking at making smaller ships. But these defense researchers say it's a terrible idea.
Now that ISIS is on the ropes, these guys have turned the guns on each other
Two US allies, which were armed and trained by US forces, have turned their weapons on each other, and there isn't much the US can do about it.
This is the definitive history of the world's most advanced fighter jet
The new F-22A Raptor fighter jet is the most advance fighter jet in the world, and it dominates on every level imaginable.