Bob Hope was among the brightest stars during his era. He was known for his comedic one-liners and performances over a long career in entertainment.
He passed away in 2003 at the age of 100 but left a legacy of humor and humanitarianism having traveled the world for more than half his life to deliver laughter and entertainment to American troops. His legacy of service to the troops lives on through the Bob Dolores Hope Foundation, thanks to his granddaughter Miranda Hope and Easterseals.
Join us for an informative episode of the We Are The Mighty podcast with Miranda Hope and discover why Bob Hope continues to be beloved by our troops.
[ad-box path="/41755326/300x250_button" width="250" height="300"][ad-box path="/41755326/300x250_button" width="250" height="300"]
You can help support veterans with Easterseals Southern California. Shop at any Vons or Pavilions in Southern California and donate at the register!
Hosted by: Blake Stilwell: Air Force veteran and Senior Contributor
Guest: Miranda Hope
Miranda Hope serves as a Member, Director, and Vice President of the Bob and Dolores Hope Foundation, which is dedicated to serving those in need and those who serve to protect our nation. She has worked as a public school teacher, a counselor, and a performer. She holds degrees from Columbia University (MFA) and Stanford University (BA) and offers trauma-informed yoga and meditation to civilian, military, and incarcerated populations.
Selected links and show notes:
- [01:15] Bob Hope's history with American troops.
- [04:45] How Miranda Hope became involved with the troops.
- [06:50] How today's veterans respond to Bob Hope.
- [09:10] The mission of the Bob Dolores Hope Foundation.
- [13:35] How the foundation benefits veterans.
- [14:50] Who can apply to this program.
- [15:15] Why the Bob Dolores Hope Foundation teamed up with Easterseals.
- [17:00] Issues that plague today's veterans.
- [21:00] Future plans and expansion of the program.
Music license by Jingle Punks
- Goal Line
- Staircase Flapper