Founded in 1947 by U.S. Marine Corps Reservist Maj. Bill Hendricks, the charitable legacy of Toys for Tots has endured throughout the decades. The gift-giving program was such as huge success initially that the Corps adopted the practice and has spread the program nationwide.
The program was so well-liked that famous animator Walt Disney got involved, personally inking the Toys for Tots logo we all know today.
For the past several years, the foundation has produced many emotionally driven ads, run during the holidays to help spread awareness for kids in need.
Some of the Toys for Tots commercials are real tear-jerkers. Good luck getting through all these with a dry eye.
6. Every year, a Marine will stand and collect for our nation's children-in-need.
5. An early morning Christmas surprise.
4. "Are you Santa Claus? He is Santa Claus!"
3. A child's Christmas wish.
2. The Marines have always been known for saving the day. Now, they're spreading Christmas cheer — one gift at a time.
1. The many faces that the Marine Corps Reserves' Toys for Tots has helped.
Bonus: Remember when Sopranos star Joe Pantoliano played a Marine DI for Toys for Tots?