It’s December now, and as we stare down the barrel of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa… um… Boxing Day… and probably others (the only holiday I care about it National Waffle Day), we can finally look forward to holiday leave.
We spend time with family, drink in that one bar in our hometown that everyone we’ve ever known goes to, and open up the new fighting season in the war on Christmas.
Now matter how stressful the holiday season can get, you know who has your back? Memes. Veterans will make memes until they run out of jokes to tell. Did you see how much fun they had with the sky dick?
Oh man, anyway… here are the best memes of the week, created by your veteran social media community.
1. A toast to war criminals the world over!
2. Marines are a contentious people.
Watch: Navy just dropped its 2017 smack talk video
3. When you meet other veterans while on holiday leave. (via Decelerate Your Life)
4. The wind beneath my wings got a DD-214 (via Why I’m Not Re-Enlisting)
5. This is not helping our Chair Force image. (via Maintainer Nation)
Related: 7 military things that somehow get you fired in the civilian world
6. Now we know why he crossed the road. (via Pop Smoke)
7. UN sanctions on North Korea must include Windex.
8. The real reason weapons aren’t allowed in Antarctica.
Now Read: This MARSOC recruiting video looks like a Hollywood movie
9. Remember when I said no more ‘Sky Dick’ memes?
10. I don’t know what they’re training for, but they’re winning.
11. Spend free time learning to build robots.
12. Repent for the sins you committed on Thanksgiving. (via the Salty Soldier)
Also: This is what ‘eternal patrol’ means for a submarine
13. Some people just join the Navy… (via Decelerate Your Life)